Street light fittings are used in car parks, walkways, pedestrian and rail crossings and minor and major street lighting applications.
Quality lighting in these applications requires careful evaluation of the following:
- Selection of the most suitable light fitting for mounting heights as low as 5m and as high as 12m.
- Selection of the most suitable light fittings with respect to mounting locations on the site. Due to restrictions of pole locations often different light distribution types are required to illuminate the application effectively.
- Control of glare from powerful and bright light sources to prevent impaired vision and temporary blindness, particularly to drivers.
- No light above the horizontal level of the fitting. Careful selection of the light fitting type to ensure it has full cut-off and controls light spill.
- Observation and compliance of the requirements of the Australian Standards for street lighting and obtrusive lighting in urban areas. Selection of the correct category and sub-category should be done with the assistance of an electrical engineer or qualified lighting designer.
- Special requirements also apply for disabled carparks and must be included in the lighting design.
- Long life of light sources and control gear to reduce maintenance.
- Correct LED selection of CT (colour temperature) and CRI (colour rendering index)
- Light fitting protection from water and dust ingress. IP54 and IP65 to protect the light fitting from driving rain or occasional hosing and cleaning as required.
- Selection of energy saving options such as switching dimming sequences from daylight senses.
- Optional surge protection for light fitting.
For a cost and obligation free evaluation of your general and emergency lighting applications please contact the STURDY LIGHT sales office at email@example.com