Underground non-hazardous lighting required light fittings that can be mounted and fitted into difficult locations with poor access in dirty and harsh conditions. Maintenance of lighting equipment is critical for the safety of the crew. Sturdy Light offers a unique selection of low and high voltage LED light fittings for these applications.
- Light fittings are exposed to high levels of dirt and moisture and require high IP ratings such as IP65, IP66 and IP67.
- Control of glare from bright light sources to minimise impaired vision and temporary blindness to staff. Selection of the most suitable light fitting for the application is critical.
- Illumination levels as low as 5 to10 lux and as high as 600 lux in an inspection area are common. In addition to the horizontal light level often a vertical light level must be achieved for safe movement, navigation at an inspection points. In these areas, the uniformity of the light level is also very important, particularly in locations with low light levels. The Australian Standards for illumination must be carefully considered for these applications.
- Resistance to corrosion in these areas is critical. The use of 316 stainless steel light fittings is required in some applications.
- Many areas have mild to heavy vibration in the plant or on the piece of equipment. Certain light fittings must be built to minimise the effects of vibration. Quality LED’s and electronic components are critical. Resistance to vibration can be achieved through the careful design and assembly of purpose built light fittings for this industry.
- Long life of LED light sources and control gear to reduce maintenance.
- Surge protection devices are also recommended to protect light fittings from electrical inrush on site or to minimise the effects of a lightning strike.
- Correct LED selection of CT (colour temperature) and CRI (colour rendering index)
- Emergency lighting systems for the safe evacuation can also be utilised with the latest LED technology.
For a cost and obligation free evaluation of your general and emergency lighting applications please contact the STURDY LIGHT sales office at [email protected]