There are significant challenges and specific requirements with respect to lighting workshops, lube, tyre change, refuel and truck wash applications.
Quality lighting for these areas requires careful evaluation of the following:
- Selection of the most suitable light fitting for mounting heights as low as 4m and as high as 20m.
- Control of glare from powerful and bright light sources to prevent impaired vision to maintenance staff, operators and drivers.
- Illumination levels as low as 80 lux and as high as 800 lux. In addition to the horizontal light level often a vertical light level must be achieved in specific situations. The Australian Standards for illumination must be carefully considered for these applications.
- Horizontal light uniformity of a minimum of 0.5 is required. Light uniformity vertically is also very important to minimise dark areas from large mobile equipment inside workshops.
- Light distribution should also light into and underneath equipment when possible without the use of portable lighting. This allows maintenance staff to see components where maintenance is required. This important element is sometimes overlooked at the design phase.
- Temperature conditions on sites in Australia can range from 0˚C through to +55˚C in the upper ceiling cavity. High and Low ambient temperature ratings for the light fitting and control gear is essential.
- Long life of light sources and control gear to reduce maintenance.
- Correct LED selection of CT (colour temperature) and CRI (colour rendering index)
- Selection of energy saving options such as microwave movement sensors and switching dimming sequences for daylight harvesting.
- Emergency lighting systems for the safe evacuation of the building.
For a cost and obligation free evaluation of your general and emergency lighting applications please contact the STURDY LIGHT sales office at [email protected]