- Ship loaders have a high demand for reliability, they require some of the most robust lights available. Applications such as the loading chute have high heat, dust and excessive vibration. Light fittings have shortened lives in this environment. Sturdy Light fittings are purpose designed and built for this application. Special brackets are available to keep the lights in a vertical plane when the boom is lowered and the load out chute is in the hull.
- The design of the SLB range of fittings provides very effective and secure installation. Sturdy light has the design capabilities to make additional purpose built brackets to suit all retrofit applications.
- All fittings can be supplied in 24 volt and the larger wattage range is also available with a HV (i.e. high voltage 240 volt) power supply to allow them to be used on mains power.
- LED’s and electronics in general can be susceptible to problems from overheating because the lights on mobile fleet are on 24hours per day, 7 days a week. To overcome the heat every fixture in the SLB range has an active thermal management system in its circuitry, this will step dim the lights to prolong the life of the components within the fixture. (i.e. less power in the circuit means less heat being generated). The ambient thermal rating of the SLB range is -30°C to +50°C it is very unlikely that overheating of a fitting will occur.
- Correct choice for fittings is paramount, Sturdy Light have lighting engineers that can assist in choosing the correct fitting for the application. These recommendations will be based on the available power, the visual effects on the environment (i.e. reducing light pollution) and reducing fatigue for operators by installing specific task lighting and peripheral lighting to minimise glare and impaired vision.
- Transient spike protection is built into every SLB fitting.
Power spikes are fast, short duration electrical transients in voltage (i.e. voltage spikes), current (i.e. current spikes), or transferred energy (i.e. energy spikes) in an electrical circuit.
Fast, short duration electrical transients (i.e. over voltages) in the electric potential of a circuit are typically caused by:
- Lightning strikes
- Power outages
- Tripped circuit breakers
- Short circuits
- Power transitions in other large equipment on the same power line
- Malfunctions caused by the power company
- Inductive spikes
- Reverse polarity protection is installed in all fixtures in the Sturdy Light range.
Environmental conditions can be detrimental to light fittings, The SLB range of fittings have many inbuilt features such as IK09 impact resistant ultra violet resistant polycarbonate or glass lenses, multiple protective coatings on the housing to make them resistant to acid and alkali splashing on the fixtures and stainless steel hardware such as screws nuts and bolts.